Dear Patients of Lifetime Dental,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. This has been a challenging time for all, and we are so happy to announce our office will be reopening on Monday, May 18. Two months of closure is a long time, but this has given us time to prepare for our new circumstances. As you visit our office, there will be obvious differences you can see and others that are more behind the scenes. While this time has brought many changes, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. These processes ensure that our patients can receive dentistry in a way that is both safe and comfortable. There have been additional requirements made by the Iowa Dental Board to allow us to return to dentistry safely amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We wanted to take a moment to explain the physical changes to our office as well as many new protocols we are taking to maintain the highest level of infection control possible.
- Evidence has shown that UV light is effective in killing the coronavirus as well as other viruses. We have installed UV light in our air register system to help purify the air circulating throughout the office.
- You will see glass barriers installed in our reception and check-out areas.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office as well as have your temperature taken and recorded.
- To eliminate the use of our reception area, we will have you text our office when you arrive and remain in your car until we are ready to take you straight to the treatment room.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We are asking that you do not bring any additional people to your appointment. In addition, you must bring a facemask to wear while in the office as required by state authorities.
- You will notice that we will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE). This includes N95 respirator masks, goggles, face shields, and lab jackets that are changed and disinfected between every patient.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We are doing our best to reschedule all appointments that had to be cancelled during this closure. We thank you for your patience as we meet everyone’s needs.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Rohloff, Dr. Friese & Lifetime Dental Staff